CR10 All Metal Upgrade Kit
A high quality All metal upgrade kit for CR10 and similar machines.
PCI Compliant, we never see or store your credit card details!
Fast! Orders received before 11AM are shipped the same day.
Perth Local - Pickup is available by appointment.
A high quality upgrade to a "Swiss" style hot-end.
**NOT FOR "PRO"**
This kit includes;
- 1x Heat Sink
- 1x Titanium Alloy heat break
- 1x Heat Block
- 1x Silicone Sock
- 1x 0.4mm "MK8" Brass Nozzle
- 2x Orange bowden tube retainer clips
- 2x Black bowden tube retainer/collet
- 1x spare grub screw for heat break
- 1x thermistor retaining screw
1. Assemble the heat break into the heat-block taking care to not over-tighten as you may strip the threads in the heat block. Tighten it until it seats and give an additional 1/8th of a turn.
2. Assemble the nozzle into the heat block, taking care to not over-tighten as you may strip the brass nozzle threads or the threads in the heat block. Tighten until it seats. We'll tighten again later.
3. Unscrew the grub screw on the heat sink and slide the heat break + heat block + nozzle assembly into the heat sink. The heat break lip should sit flush/neatly against the heat sink. Tighten the grub screw, but do not over-tighten - the grub screw and/or thread will VERY easily strip if excessive force is used. It should be a little more than "finger tight".
4. Insert the black bowden collet into the top.
5. Mount the assembled hot-end onto your printer. Insert the heat cartridge, thermistor and thermistor retaining screw into the heat block.
6. Re-attach the extruder cooling fans.
7. Heat the hot-end up to 240-260c. Gently tighten the nozzle an additional 1/8th of a turn, use a spanner to hold the flat-spots on the heat break as you tighten. Take care to avoid burning yourself on the hot-end!
8. Allow the nozzle to cool and check all your work.
9. Print something amazing!
It's not recommended to install the 2x long screws between the heat block and heat sink. These screws only assist in heat-creep and may result in clogs.
If using a bowden style machine, recommended starting settings for retraction are 2.5-4mm and a retraction speed of 80mm/s or more. If you find that your printer is unable to retract fast enough, you may need to override your firmware with a GCODE command "M203 E200".
* Known to be compatible with CR-10, CR-10S, CR-10S-S5, CR-10S-S4, CR-10 -MINI, CR-20, CR-20 PRO, Ender2, Ender3, Ender3 PRO, TronXY X5S, Tevo Tornado, Alfawise U20.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
16 other products in the same category: